Top 5 touring places in Georgia
be Mindia Tsiklauri
1. Shatili. North-east Georgia.
Shatili is located northern of Tbilisi in 150 km. 1400 m. from see level. Shatili is the one of the most popular place for tourist in high mountain region Khevsureti. In Shatili visitors can visit the Shatili village-fortress, with more than 60 towers of XIV-XV AD, Qachu fortress (XIII-XIV AD), Crypts in Anatori and Mutso (XVII c.), Mutso Castle of middle centuries (village-fortress and towers).
Shatili and Mutso are the two from 5 Village fortress of Khevsureti. In shatili was Restavration of All towers and old Khevsuretian traditional Houses in 1998-2000 be UNESCO fondation and now is very good condition. Mutso was conquered and demolished by Russian solders in 1813. Antaori was too grate village on the Georgian border with Russia, but on the time of black death in all Europe, her death all peopel from this village and all of tham skeletons now are in Anatori Crypts. Shatili is submited on the UNESCO Heritage sites Tentative List
All of these places visitors can to see for 2 days tour. There are nice Guest Houses and Kemping places in Shatili and Mutso.
2. Mtskheta town
Mtskneta - UNESCO world Heritage site, is located northern of Tbilisi, in 20 km. Mtskheta was The Capital of Georgia from V BC till IV AD. There are so much interesting places for every kind of visitors (Arkheologikal places, Churches, Citadels, Cathedral, Monasteries, Museums and Natural Places). IV AD in Mtskheta starsts United Georgian Kingdom and Georgian written lenguage. Svetitskhoveli Cathedarl in Mtskheta (from IV BC) was Georgian kings christening and coronation place. In this smol town are 3 orthodox monasteries of VI-VII centuries (Shio-mgvime, Zedazeni, Jvari(cross)) and all of these monasteries every time were the fundaments of Caucasian and Georgian christianity. Svetitskhoveli is one of the most sacred places in Georgia and, along with Jvari Monastery, the clear highlight of a trip to Mtskheta. It was founded in 1010, built on the site of Georgia's first church, and contains the graves of the ancient Georgian kings, including Sidonia, who was said to have been buried holding Christ's robe. Jvari Monastery The 6th century monastery of Jvari is situated on a cliff above Mtskheta. It is the culmination of a number of artistic and architectural aspiration in early Christian Georgian architecture. The view from above is great.
Travelers can see All of the touring places of Mtskheta for 1 day tour.
3. Vardzia cave town, Khertvisi and Tmogi fortress
Vardzia is the XII centuries cave town, bigest in all Caucasus. There are more than 600 living rooms, 420 acceptables, cave church with ferscos of XII century and 25 winery with 180 pitchers. Vardzia is situated in South-West part of Geogia. is is a great sight, one of the most spectacular in the whole of Georgia. A complete monastery, with houndreds of cells of nomks as a church carved ou of the rock of a mountain overlooking the Mtkvari river. Vardzia was constructed in the 12-th century, during thi reign of two Kings: George III and his daughter Qeen Tamara. In its heydey there were three thousand people living here. Today Vardzia consiests of more than 600 rooms, connected with corridors. In 7 kms Touth-West of Vardzia Is located Khertvis Fortress. Khertvisi fortress is one of the oldest fortresses in Georgia and was functional throughout the Georgian feudal period. The fortress was first build in the 2nd century BC. The church was built in 985, and the present walls build in 1354. As the legend says, Khertvisi was destroyed by Alexander the Grate. In the 10th-11th centuries it was the center of Meskheti region. During the 12th century it became a town. In the 13th century Mongols destroyed it and until the 15th century it lost its power. Khertvisi fortress is situated on the high rocky hill in the narrow canyon at the confluence of the Mtkvari and Paravani rivers. Vardzia and Khertvisi are submited on the UNESCO Heritage sites Tentative List
4. Upper Svaneti - Mestia & Ushguli
Georgian high mountain region Upper Svaneti an Ushguli are the UNESCO world heritage site, Daimond of Georgia. Ushguli is the highest village in Europe. Preserved by its long isolation, the Upper Svaneti region of the Geogia is an exceptional example of mountain scenery with medieval-type villages and tower-houses. The village of Ushguli still has more than 200 of these very unusual houses, which were used both as dwellings and as defence posts against the invaders who plagued the region. Upper Svaneti is an exceptional landscape that has preserved to a remarkable degree its original medieval appearance, notable for the distribution, form, and architecture of its human settlements. The characteristic landscape of Upper Svaneti is formed by small villages, dominated by their church towers and situated on the mountain slopes, with a natural environment of gorges and alpine valleys and a backdrop of snow-covered mountains. The most notable feature of the settlements is the abundance of towers, especially in Mestia and the frontier villages, such as Ushguli, Mulakhi and Latali. These towers usually have from three to five storeys and the thickness of the walls decreases, giving the towers a slender, tapering profile.
5. Sataphlia Caverns and Dinosaurs foot-prints, Bagrati Tample, Gelati Academy
Gelati Monastery is of special importance for its architecture, its mosaics, its wall paintings, and its enamel and metal work. It was not simply a monastery: it was a centre of science and education, and the Academy established there was one of the most important centres of culture in ancient Georgia. The monastery belongs to the "golden age” of medieval Georgia, a period of political strength and economic growth between the reigns of King David IV 'the Builder' (1089-1125) and Queen Tamar (1184-1213). It was David who began building the monastery in 1106. It was completed in 1130 in the reign of his son and successor Demetre.
Bagrati Cathedral is located on a hill on the left bank of the Rioni, and it is reached by a long, winding stairway. Although partly destroyed by the Turks in 1691, its ruins still lie in the centre of Kutaisi. Richly ornamented capitals and fragments of piers and vaulting are scattered throughout the interior. It is cruciform in plan; three of the cross-arms (east, south, and north) terminate in semicircular apses whereas the west arm is squared off. Gelati & Bagrati are in the list of UNESCIO world heritage sites
Sataplia State Reserve is a most popular touring place in Georgia. It is a complex of speleological, paleontological, geological, and botanical monuments. Sataplia is situated in Inereti Lend, Tskaltubo district, near Kutaisi. Sataplia is famous by its rare and the beautiful caves. In 1933, there was found a dinosaur trace. Sataplia State Nature Reserve was created in 1935 by Communists to protect monuments. Total area of the Nature Reserve is 354 ha. One of the caverns length is 600 m. the beauty of this cavern is a cupola-shaped hall, where the size and beauty of stalactites and stalagmites in the centre astonishes tourists and visitors.
Tel: (+995) 51844644
Facebook: Tours in Georgia